Friday, November 20, 2009

Nah-nah, Why Don't You Get A Job?



(The title is a reference to an Offspring song -- mostly for Annie's benefit and amusement.)

For those of you that haven't yet heard the good news, I am being considered for a job at Jackson High School that will last through March. I'll be in a Biology classroom, and I'm really stoked about that, because Bio is my first choice of subjects to teach.

When the Jackson job ends, I will probably be back at Lake High School (where I am currently doing my student teaching) in yet another Biology classroom (YAY!), filling in for a teacher who's going on maternity leave. I'm also very excited about this job, because I'll be back working with the department in which I student taught -- the teachers are a super-fun bunch and there's great comraderie among them. It'll also be nice to be working with an online gradebook/attendance system that I know how to use already. But... what I'm most looking forward to is being able to pop across the hall and see "my" kids that I'm working with right now.

That's it for now, but stay tuned for more updates. There'll be a lot more blogging now that I'm ALMOST DONE!!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!! I'm so excited for you! Its so nice to be at a school where the teachers all get along!!

    ReplyDelete