Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bert and Whitney and Jenn, Oh My!

I had a pretty great Saturday!

This morning, Mom & I traveled to Crazy Ladies Book Shop in Norman to attend a book signing. My friend, Bert, has written a pretty awesome children's book called Anthony's Amazing Journey. It's a really lovely story that's already starting to get such rave reviews from parents as, "I hate your book because my kids beg me to read it to them EVERY night." For those of you that don't have (or know) any children, this translates to, "This is one of the awesomest books ever and my kids LOVE it!" All kidding aside, you should definitely get your kids a copy of Anthony's Amazing Journey. (By the way, Bert also does incredibly fab work in interior design, seasonal decor, and staging services. Seriously, I've seen his work -- he puts me to shame. If you're in need of some assistance in any of those areas, I suggest you visit Bert Ballou Designs).

Now that I've established how awesome Bert is with a couple of completely shameless plugs, I also want to give a shout out to Crazy Ladies Book Shop, which happens to be a great buy-sell-trade used book store. If you're in to that sort of thing (and you totally should be), you ought to check it out the next time you're in Norman.

Mom & I met up with Jenn & Whitney at Crazy Ladies, and the four of us headed to lunch at McAlister's after the book signing. The weather was perfect for sitting outside and chatting, so that's exactly what we did. We talked for quite awhile about all sorts of things, laughed, enjoyed each other's company and the weather. Mom & I split a piece of delicious lemon-poppyseed pound cake after we ate our sandwiches.

After lunch, Mom & I headed to Aldi. For those of you that don't know, Aldi is one of my favorite grocery stores (a certain cousin of mine thinks that this is "disgusting," and he's going to be mortified that I admitted to this in a public forum). I actually get excited to go shopping there, which is funny because I initially started purchasing my food there when I had zero money. Anyway, we spent some time checking out the bargains and we left with a pretty huge case of canned cat food (which is 9Lives packaged under a different name) for $8. Those of you that know cat food also know that was a major score.

I decided to end the day by working on my Etsy store and getting all of my blogs in working order, which made me feel exceptionally productive.

All in all, a very nice day and pretty much the perfect way to spend my last summer Saturday in Oklahoma.

2 comments:

  1. oh my! we had so much fun today too! i loved meeting your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we did! :) and i second whit...it was great to meet her and put a face with a name. Only $8 of cat food though??? hehe!

    ReplyDelete